Thursday, December 1, 2011

Round one- DONE!

I know that this picture has nothing to do with completing my first round of chemo. It was taken by my great friend Hollie in Florida and it is one of my favorite pictures. I guess maybe it does have something to do with chemo yesterday- this is one of the images I had stored away to help me find my "happy place." So when everything around me was gray and depressing (lots of chemo patients around me and a rainy, overcast day out the window) I thought of the sun in Florida.

So yesterday I started out at the gym (a very good place to destress). Then I went the temple. I decided I needed some of the "peace of God that passeth all understanding" (Philippians 4:7) and I found it. There is something so great about disconnecting from the world and finding inner peace. When we were leaving for chemo Steve said, "I never thought we would ever be going to a chemo appointment." So true, but I guess there are always things in life you don't think you will have to experience. The actual treatment was very uneventful. I was so tense they had to poke me three times to find a vein, but I relaxed after that. I read a book- "Christmas Jars" I highly recommend it. Short and sweet- I read it start to finish. Although it felt like a long, drawn out processes because I was worried about Steve getting to practice on time- it really wasn't bad. And I feel great so far- they say it hits you on day 2 or 3.

So I am 25% done. Three more rounds to go. Dec 21, Jan 11 and Feb 1. Thanks to all you that have been there for me. It is very hard to put into words the tangible love that I feel through the countless prayers, thoughts, cards, dinners, small gifts and more. I could never do this with out all that. I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'll comment...
    You are doing remarkably well my feisty little cancer fighter!!! Press forward, victory is in sight.

    ReplyDelete