Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kicking Butt!

I guess my timing for being diagnosed with breast cancer is impeccable. It's breast cancer awareness month and there is a ton of merchandise out there. This mug that was given to me by one of my cute beehives says, "Cancer touched my breast... so I kicked it's butt!" Another beehive gave me a car sticker that says, "Fight like a girl" and the shirt I have on Heather gave me says "pink is hope." I heard a really disturbing statistic on Friday at a tribute to breast cancer survivors. Utah is dead last in amount of mammograms administered. So this is a great month for all my friends to get checked.

I met my plastic surgeon on Friday. I really like her a lot. She won't be able to do my surgery until next week. That's ok because we don't even have the genetic test back yet. She comes highly recommended. Apparently I am a great candidate for breast augmentation. Really? I guess there are perks (no pun intended) that go along with breast cancer.

Two blogs you may be interested in: Steve's blog is so much better than mine- sgalley.blogspot.com and another incredible writer I know, mother of triplets and marathoner- Kara wellredlife.com. I happened to be at her house when I got the dreaded phone call. I think I was supposed to be there. She is one of the strongest women I know and one of my best friends.

3 comments:

  1. You're right, that sucks. . . You're in our prayers. You can beat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you with your mug! You look very perky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a bump in the road Steph. Soon, you'll be back knocking out marathons, coaching other newebie runners and enjoying life. With ya all the way!

    ReplyDelete