Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Unexpected Blessings

Last Friday I was called into the Principal's office. I thought a was in a lot of trouble. Well, he is my boss and pretty soon he had me in tears. But they were tears of joy. The faculty and staff at Riverton High had taken up a collection for me. Along with a huge card, I was holding an envelope with enough money to cover ALL of our out of pocket expenses. I did not expect anything like this, but I am not surprised at all by the generosity from my co-workers. Riverton High School is like a big family- we take care of each other. There are a lot of things about cancer that are scary and the financial strain is one of them and now that is gone! I don't know how to thank them enough for such an incredible blessing.

Today I met with my oncologist and he gave me some great news. After surgery my tumor was tested further and they found that it is not positive for HER2 so I do not need Herceptin (an expensive, year long treatment). Also, I will only have 4 rounds of chemo instead of 6. My first one will be Nov. 30th so I can enjoy Thanksgiving. So, with that we are off to Florida tomorrow. Bon Voyage :)

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! You have an awesome support group around you! And terrific news from your oncologist too! Hope you have an awesome time in Florida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this and WOW!!! What an amazing extended family you have!

    ReplyDelete